What is Peptide Therapy?
Peptide therapy uses substances that boost your body’s natural ability to grow and repair cells.They act as messengers, sending signals to cells and tissues within the body to perform a variety of essential functions. Since peptides are important to so many different cellular functions, they can be customized to improve your health and wellbeing based upon your individualized needs, treating a variety of conditions from immunity, tissue injury to skin, hair and libido issues.
Human Growth Hormone or HGH is vital for many processes within the body. As we age, HGH levels gradually begin to decline, usually starting around age 30. This can lead to decreased energy, changes in skin and hair, declining fitness levels that start making you look and feel older. This is where peptides can help, by naturally increasing your HGH.
The Advanced PainCare and BioHealth Institute team uses peptide therapy to treat a full spectrum of health and wellness conditions including:
- Weight loss
- Improving strength & athletic performance
- Recovering from injuries
- Strengthening immunity
- Improving gut health
- Cognitive/mood changes
- Reducing the effects of aging
- Improving skin & stimulating hair growth
- Improving sexual function
Who is a Candidate for Peptide Therapy?
Peptide therapy can benefit=t anyone who wants to look and feel their very best. If you are active and are looking for a way to improve your health and achieve your weight or fitness goals, peptides may be the perfect way for you to do this. At Advanced PainCare & BioHealth, the staff can help you find the best peptides for your personal goals.
If you are taking medications or have a medical condition, we will meet with you to discuss these conditions before proceeding with peptide therapy. Since peptides are pure amino acids, the body breaks them down very easily leading to few adverse side effects.
What Peptides are Available?
Peptides come in different forms including injectables, nasal sprays, topicals and oral formulations. These are just a few of the most commonly used peptides and their benefits:
- CJC-1295/Ipamorelin-is a combination of two peptides and is administered as a subcutaneous injection. Over time, this powerful combination peptide may improve sleep, memory retention and stimulate muscle growth while at the same time improving fat loss.
- PT-141-is available as a nasal spray that can benefit both men and women with sexual dysfunction. For women, it can improve female sexual arousal disorder. For men it helps improve sexual dysfunction such as erectile dysfunction or impotence.
- BPC-157 is available in different forms including as an oral, subcutaneous or IM injection. It has benefits which depend on the dosage and route that it is administered but it can help to accelerate wound healing, decrease inflammation, improve nitric oxide, and improve digestive function. All of these benefits result in its use in a variety of different ways from repairing tendon injuries to preventing stomach ulcers.
- Semaglutide-is approved by the FDA for chronic weight management in obese/overweight adults. This peptide increases insulin secretion but also suppresses the appetite and helps to enhance the weight loss process.
What Does Peptide Therapy Involve?
Peptide therapy at Advanced PainCare and BioHealth Institute is a straightforward process. The team at Advanced PainCare & BioHealth Institute determines if you’re a candidate for peptide therapy by meeting with you to discuss your symptoms and reviews your medical history. They will then perform some baseline diagnostic blood testing.
Depending on your symptoms and blood testing results, the team at Advanced PainCare and BioHealth Institute will develop a comprehensive and personalized course of treatment to alleviate the symptoms that are affecting you. Most peptides can be administered in the convenience of your own home. Your peptides will be customized just for you and shipped directly to you from a compounding pharmacy so that you can administer in the comfort of your own home. You will continue to follow up with your provider for ongoing monitoring and to adjust your plan as your symptoms improve.
To learn more about peptide therapy and how it could benefit your health, contact Advanced PainCare and BioHealth. You can call the office or request an appointment.