Why Choose Advanced PainCare?
All good medical care all starts with the right diagnosis. To that end, at Advanced PainCare, Dr Santo spends time with each patient reviewing their personal history of injury and pain, examining them, and thoughtfully reading diagnostic imaging and reports. Instead of relying on medication and high dose steroids to palliate pain, Dr Santo uses therapies that support the body’s natural healing process, stopping the pain at the source.
What Treatments Does Pain Management Include?
Advanced PainCare and BioHealth Institute attempts to provide the most advanced care using the least harmful therapies. Some of the pain management treatments available at Advanced PainCare and BioHealth Institute include:
- Prolotherapy: Prolotherapy is an injection-based treatment Dr Santo uses to treat chronic musculoskeletal conditions like tendonitis and arthritis. By injecting concentrated dextrose, a natural irritant, we trigger inflammation, the first vital step of your body’s natural healing process. With repeated injections we promote collagen and cartilage growth and often achieve full healing of an injured tendon and/or reduced joint pain
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy: Platelets are tiny blood cell fragments that create blood clots to stop bleeding. When platelets stick to the edges of any injured tissue they stop the bleeding and they release growth factors that provide the stimulus for healing the injury. PRP contains highly concentrated platelets. Using Regenexx® proprietary protocols, our on-site lab can concentrate platelets as much as 14 times your normal blood concentration. This is far beyond what a conventional kit-type machine can achieve. Dr Santo, injects high dose PRP directly into your damaged tissue to trigger your own natural healing process to occur. And, unlike a large number of providers, she always uses image guidance (X-ray or ultrasound) to give you the most precise injections in Central PA.
- Bone Marrow Concentrate (BMC): Advanced PainCare and BioHealth Institute is a Regenexx®® provider. Regenexx® pioneered the use of BMC for the treatment of orthopedic injuries and painful conditions.
Am I a Candidate for Pain Management?
Dr. Santo determines if you’re a candidate for their pain management treatments after a consultation. She treats many painful conditions, including:
- Neck and back pain
- Joint pain
- Pinched nerve
- Tendinitis and tendon tears
- Sports injuries
- Spinal stenosis
- Facet syndrome
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Herniated disc
- Knee pain, including meniscus tears
- Tennis and golfer’s elbow
If you’re searching for non-surgical pain management, call (717) 791-2860 or request a consultation online today.